- Illusions Reveal the Brain's Assumptions
- Site provides a description of how the senses of seeing, hearing, and smelling work. It also explains what various sensory illusions reveal about the brain.
- Neuroscience for Kids
- Although this site is designed for kids, it is a vast resource for people of all ages. It contains information and diagrams about many neuroscience topics including brain structure, sleep, the spinal cord, the peripheral nervous system, the neuron, sensory systems, neuroscience methods and techniques, the effects of drugs on the nervous system, and neurological and mental disorders.
- Seeing, Hearing, and Smelling the World
- This site discusses seeing color, the visual pathway, seeing objects that move, how we hear, and how we smell.
- The Descriptive Mind
- Site provides experiments, models, and demos on vision and hearing.
- Site provides a number of unique tutorials and demonstrations that focus on various functions of the brain including sensation and perception, cognition, transmission of neural impulses, and learning.
- Site provides a simple experiment to help you understand blindsight which is a phenomenon that occurs when an individual reports that he cannot see an object, yet his actions indicate that he knows the object is there.
- Color Matters
- Site provides information about color and how it affects the brain, body, vision, design, and art.
- Site provides online demonstrations of 13 different visual illusions.
- Illusion Works
- "Welcome to the most comprehensive collection of optical and sensory illusions on the world-wide web. This award-winning collection consists of innumerable interactive demonstrations, up-to-date and reliable scientific explanations, school projects, illusion artwork, interactive puzzles, 3D graphics, suggested reading lists, bibliographies, perception links, and much more."
- Rods and Cones
- Article describes the rods and cones in the human eye.
- The Joy of Visual Perception
- This web book written by Peter K. Kaiser describes the process of vision by using graphics, graphs, and online demonstrations.
- Vision Science
- Site provides information and demonstrations about human and animal vision.
- Web Vision
- Site provides information concerning many aspects of vision including the anatomy and physiology of the eye, retinal circuits, neuroactive substances in the retina, color vision, psychophysics, and the primary visual cortex.