- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Gifted and Talented
- Learning Disorders
Attention Deficit Disorder
- About Attention Deficit Disorder
- Site provides a list of on-line resources about attention deficit disorder.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Site provides links to sites concerning attention deficit disorder.
- The Other Side of Attention Deficit Disorder
- Site provides information about the positive and alternative views of ADD.
Gifted and Talented
- Gifted and Learning Disabled
- "The paradox of children who are gifted and learning disabled is explored in this section."
- The IQ Factor
- Article discusses how "despite advances in defining gifted children, intelligence testing still plays a large role" with how the children are treated.
- Circle of Inclusion
- "The Circle of Inclusion Web Site is for early childhood service providers and families of young children. This web site offers demonstrations of and information about the effective practices of inclusive educational programs for children from birth through age eight."
- Assessing Children for the Presence of a Disability
- Article discusses the methods, limitations, and areas of assessment of disabilities in children.
- Canada's SchoolNet
- Site provides information and resources about educating children with special needs. It's a Canadian site with lots of Canadian information.
- Childhood Neurodevelopmental Dysfunction and Learning Disorders
- Article touches on the problems children have with attention, memory, language, organizational skills, neuromotor functioning, and social cognition.
- Depression in People with Learning Disablities
- This article discusses examples of people with learning disabilities who were depressed, the causes of their depression, and how to treat it.
- Homeschooling and the Child with a Learning Disorder
- Article discusses some issues raised in homeschooling children with learning disorders.
- Learned Helplessness and Attribution for Success and Failure
- This article discusses how the success or failure of children who have learning disabilities is affected by learned helplessness and attribution.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Site provides information and tips about every aspect of learning disabilities.
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders
- Article discusses different types of nonverbal learning disabilities including motoric, visual-spatial-organizational, and social disorders. It also provides some strategies that can be used to cope with the disorders.
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders on the Web
- Site provides information and resources about nonverbal learning disorders.
- Processing Deficits in Learning Disorders
- This site contains a variety of links to information about central auditory processing disorders and their relationship to learning disabilities.
- Special Education Resources on the Internet
- "Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) is a collection of Internet accessible information resources of interest to those involved in the fields related to Special Education. This collection exists in order to make on-line Special Education resources more easily and readily available in one location."
- What Teachers Can Do About Learning Disabilities
- Article discusses some teaching techniques which are useful when teaching children who have learning disabilities.
Please take a moment and tell us what you think of this resource
by filling in our feedback form.