- Graduate School Information
- Dictionary of Useful Research Phrases
- Find the real meaning of phrases widely used in research papers.
- Good Books in Psychology
- An annotated bibliography of over 300 popular psychology books compiled by Charles G. Morris of the University of Michigan.
- Psychological Science on the Net
- Includes links to all major topics in psychology, online demonstrations and experiments, tutorials, archives, career information, jobs, discussion groups, etc.
- Sites to Promote Academic Success
- "Here is a sampling of Web sites that provide tips to help you manage your time, take better notes and study more effectively, work on your memory, take tests, and handle the stresses of college life. You can also explore your learning style and some excellent general academic success sites."
- Study Skills Self Help Information
- Pages of information provided to help students improve their study skills from Virginia Tech University.
- Writing Resources
- Links to writing resources available on the web; based at the Psychology Centre of Athabasca University.
- Articles on the Relevance and Value of an Arts Education
- Site provides a number of articles that argue for a liberal arts degree and provide evidence that arts majors do find jobs and success upon entering the work force.
- Books on Employment and Careers in Psychology
- Materials that provide prospective psychology majors with an overview of the field.
- Career Development eManual
- This online manual provides information about planning your career. Topics covered are self assessment, research, decision making, networks and contacts, work, and life/work planning.
- Career Preparation
- AmoebaWeb provides a list of links concerning careers available in different areas of psychology and useful information for job searching.
- Interview Behaviour Tips
- Site provides tips concerning how to write before, during, and after an interview.
- Interview Techniques
- Site provides links to other sites concerning many aspects of the interview process.
- Jobboom: Top 100 Internet Sites for Learning and Employment
- Site provides links concerning choosing careers, finding training, finding ways to gain experience, job market outlooks, self-employment, working abroad, dealing with special needs, and more.
- Marky Lloyd's Careers in Psychology Page
- Site provides information and resources about entry-level jobs in psychology, graduate schools, job searching, and other psychology career related topics.
- Online Psychology Career Center
- Has job listings, financial aid and internship information, career tips, GRE test-taking advice and online resources for minority students, as well as PhD program ranking, clinical program information and forums.
- Psychology Career Center II
- Site has information about different career options in psychology.
- Resume Samples, Examples, and Templates
- Site provides "a variety of sample and example resumes from the Net, including chronological, functional, combination, electronic, technical, entry-level, and more.".
- Self-Directed Search
- If you would like to take a career interest inventory in order to match your skills and interests to match your skills and interests to specific jobs, careers, college majors, or field of study, this is the sites for you.
- Suggested Courses to Develop Skills that Prospective Employers Want
- One of the tip sheets from the Psych Web provides advice to psychology majors about courses that will broaden their employment prospects.
- Site provides multiple links to job opportunities. It provides links to featured industries, and provides links to expert advice on resumes, interviewing, internships, salaries, and negotiating. This is intended for the serious job seeker.
Graduate School Information
- An Insider's Guide to Choosing a Graduate Advisor ...
- Marshall Lev Dermer provides wise advice for students on the brink of a graduate school career.
- Graduate Study in Psychology
- AmoebaWeb presents a list of links concerning graduate study in psychology.