- Abraham Maslow
- Site provides a summary of Maslow's hierarchy of needs and theory of self-actualization.
- Alfred Adler
- Article provides an overview of Adler's life and of his theories concerning lifestyle, teleology, social interest, inferiority, psychological types, childhood, birth order, and therapy.
- Essentials of Alfred Adler's Theory of Personality
- Article discusses the motivation of actions, the unity of personality, the development of personality, and mental health.
- Freud's Unwritten Case: The Patient
- "In this paper I relate Freud's self-analysis following his father's death in late 1896 to his increasingly rich counter-transferential involvement with a male hysterical patient whom he treated from 1895 to 1900. In the period of anxious introspection surrounding the death of his father in 1896, Freud confronted Oedipal and pre-Oedipal issues in his own personality, tested many of these in his nascent clinical practice, and outlined the theoretical and clinical consequences of his new ideas in letters to Wilhelm Fliess (Anzieu, 1975/1986; Masson, 1985).".
- Great Ideas in Personality
- Contains descriptions of many theoretical personality concepts and also provides links to related websites and journal articles.
- How "Love" Alters Behaviour and Brain Chemistry
- The research presented in this article indicates that environment can predispose a person to develop certain personality traits. The research is based on the finding that rats that were treated with care grew up to be friendlier.
- Jean Piaget
- Article provides a brief biography of Jean Piaget and a summary of the four stages of his developmental theory.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- A leading journal in the field of social psychology.
- Karen Horney
- Article provides a brief summary of Horney's life and of her theory of neurosis.
- Keirsey Temperament and Character Web Site
- Site provides an online version of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and a description of the 16 possible personality types.
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Article discusses the different components of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2
- Site provides information about the MMPI-2, a popular instrument used in testing personalities.
- Otto Rank
- Site provides a brief summary of Rank's theories about the hero, the artist, and life and death.
- Personality Project
- Provides resources in the field of personality including useful hypertext lists of recommended readings.
- Personality Theories
- Site contains a number of excellent articles about the theories of many predominant personality theorists. Theories included are those by Sigmund and Anna Freud, Carl Jung, Erik Erikson, Hans Eysenk, Albert Bandura, Abraham Maslow, Carl Rogers, Erich Fromm, and many others.
- The Maslow Nidus
- This site provides links to articles written by Maslow.
- The Structure of the Unconscious
- Article describes Freud's theories about the conscious, unconscious, preconscious, id, ego, and superego.
- Traumatic Seduction in Historical Context
- Article discusses the rise and fall of Freud's seduction theory.
- Site provides 10 different tutorials covering the topics of brain and behavior, sensation and perception, states of consciousness, learning, motivation and emotion, cognition, intelligence, personality, and social psychology.