- Pain Perception
- Smell and Taste
- Animal Perception Links
- This site provides links to a number of articles concerning animal perception.
- Association for the Chemoreception Sciences
- Home page for an organization that supports the efforts of investigators interested in basic and clinical research on taste and smell.
- CogPrints: Cognitive Sciences Eprint Archive
- "Welcome to CogPrints, an electronic archive for papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science (e.g., artificial intelligence, robotics, vision, learning, speech, neural networks), Philosophy (e.g., mind, language, knowledge, science, logic), Biology (e.g., ethology, behavioral ecology, sociobiology, behaviour genetics, evolutionary theory), Medicine (e.g., Psychiatry, Neurology, human genetics, Imaging), Anthropology (e.g., primatology, cognitive ethnology, archeology, paleontology), as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition."
- Motion Perception During Self-Motion: The Direct Versus Inferential Controversy
- Article discusses the perception of self-motion and includes the following topics: "motion perception, velocity perception, self-motion, extraretinal signal, efference copy, direct perception, [and] visual-vestibular interactions.".
- Neuroscience for Kids
- Although this site is designed for kids, it is a vast resource for people of all ages. It contains information and diagrams about many neuroscience topics including brain structure, sleep, the spinal cord, the peripheral nervous system, the neuron, sensory systems, neuroscience methods and techniques, the effects of drugs on the nervous system, and neurological and mental disorders.
- Perceptual Sciences Laboratory
- Provides graphics-based index to selected areas of perceptual research.
- Physiology of Perception
- This article discusses how "the brain transforms sensory messages into conscious perceptions almost instantly," and how "collective activity involving millions of neurons seem essential for such rapid recognition.".
- Seeing, Hearing, and Smelling the World
- This site discusses seeing color, the visual pathway, seeing objects that move, how we hear, and how we smell.
- Subliminal Perception
- Article provides some information about subliminal perception which "occurs whenever stimuli presented below the threshold or limen for awareness are found to influence thoughts, feelings, or actions.".
- The Descriptive Mind
- Site provides experiments, models, and demos on vision and hearing.
- Tinnitus Location Found in the Brain
- Article discusses the discovery of where tinnitus is registered in the brain. Tinnitus is a "chronic sensation of loud ringing in the ears.".
- Site provides a number of unique tutorials and demonstrations that focus on various functions of the brain including sensation and perception, cognition, transmission of neural impulses, and learning.
- Site provides 10 different tutorials covering the topics of brain and behavior, sensation and perception, states of consciousness, learning, motivation and emotion, cognition, intelligence, personality, and social psychology.
- Pain: Anatomy
- Article discusses the interaction between the mind, body, and perception of pain.
- Relief of Pain and Suffering
- Site provides a number of exhibits concerning various topics of the relief of pain and suffering.
Smell and Taste
- Nailing Down Pheromones
- This article discusses the discovery of two pheromones in women.
- Patients Savor This Brain Disorder
- Article discusses how brain damage resulted in patients craving fine foods.
- Scent of Eros
- Site markets a book concerned with the influence of odor on sexual behaviour and also has links to other related sites.
- Site provides a simple experiment to help you understand blindsight which is a phenomenon that occurs when an individual reports that he cannot see an object, yet his actions indicate that he knows the object is there.
- Site provides online demonstrations of 13 different visual illusions.
- Future Directions for Rhodopsin Structure and Function Studies
- Article discusses "rhodopsin, X-ray structure, photoreceptor, G- protein coupled receptor, protein structure, retinal, membrane protein, protein crystallization, membrane
protein crystallization, [and] detergent .".
- Illusion Works
- "Welcome to the most comprehensive collection of optical and sensory illusions on the world-wide web. This award-winning collection consists of innumerable interactive demonstrations, up-to-date and reliable scientific explanations, school projects, illusion artwork, interactive puzzles, 3D graphics, suggested reading lists, bibliographies, perception links, and much more."
- Is Vision Continuous with Cognition?
- Article discusses the relation between vision and cognition and includes the topics of "visual processing, modularity, cognitive penatrability, early vision, context effects, top down processes, signal detection theory, attention, expert perception, perceptual learning, knowledge-based vision, visual agnosia, [and]categorical perception.".
- Neurological Eye Simulator
- Simulates interactive eye motion and allows various neurological pathologies to be simulated. It requires the Macromedia Shockwave plug-in 6.0 or later, which can be downloaded from the site.
- Rods and Cones
- Article describes the rods and cones in the human eye.
- The Joy of Visual Perception
- This web book written by Peter K. Kaiser describes the process of vision by using graphics, graphs, and online demonstrations.
- Vision Science
- Site provides information and demonstrations about human and animal vision.
- Web Vision
- Site provides information concerning many aspects of vision including the anatomy and physiology of the eye, retinal circuits, neuroactive substances in the retina, color vision, psychophysics, and the primary visual cortex.