- Center for Research on Concepts and Cognition
- Describes current research activities at this centre based at Indiana University.
- CogPrints: Cognitive Sciences Eprint Archive
- "Welcome to CogPrints, an electronic archive for papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science (e.g., artificial intelligence, robotics, vision, learning, speech, neural networks), Philosophy (e.g., mind, language, knowledge, science, logic), Biology (e.g., ethology, behavioral ecology, sociobiology, behaviour genetics, evolutionary theory), Medicine (e.g., Psychiatry, Neurology, human genetics, Imaging), Anthropology (e.g., primatology, cognitive ethnology, archeology, paleontology), as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition."
- Cognitive Science Dictionary
- Award-winning dictionary of cognitive science terms that Dr. Michael Dawson maintains at the University of Alberta.
- Conversations with Neil's Brain
- A web book about "the neural nature of thought and learning.".
- Culture, Cognition, and Evolution
- Article relates the development of cognition to culture and evolution.
- Talk to Eliza and get a demonstration of artificial intelligence and nondirective psychotherapy.
- Endel Tulving -- Cognitive Psychologist
- Describes Dr. Tulving's work in memory research; part of an interesting series of profiles of great Canadian scientists at Simon Fraser University.
- Gestalt Archive
- Site provides "Gestalt theory and Gestalt psychology articles in full text.".
- History of Cognitive Psychology
- Site provides a brief overview of the influential figures in cognitive psychology.
- Imprinting in Precocial Birds
- Demonstration lets you manipulate the variables in this experiment about imprinting in precocial birds.
- International Association for Near-Death Studies
- Site provides information about near-death experiences.
- Minds Are Simply What Brains Do
- Article discusses the perception of the discontinuity between the mind and the brain, memory and change, embodiments of the mind, freedom of will, and the uncertainty and stability of the mind.
- Motivational Factors in Routine Performance
- Site enables you to manipulate the variables in this experiment to demonstrate the motivational factors in routine performance.
- Music Cognition Resource Center
- Music cognition resources sponsored by the Music Cognition Group of the Ohio State University.
- Psychology, Culture, and Evolution
- This site discusses consciousness; the evolution of the brain, consciousness, language, and sociality; sleep paralysis; and nocturnal hallucinations.
- Subliminal Perception
- Article provides some information about subliminal perception which "occurs whenever stimuli presented below the threshold or limen for awareness are found to influence thoughts, feelings, or actions.".
- Subliminal Persuasion Laboratory Manual
- This manual provides information about subliminal persuasion and do-it-yourself experiments to help you understand the concepts presented.
- Web Vision
- Site provides information concerning many aspects of vision including the anatomy and physiology of the eye, retinal circuits, neuroactive substances in the retina, color vision, psychophysics, and the primary visual cortex.
- Site provides a number of unique tutorials and demonstrations that focus on various functions of the brain including sensation and perception, cognition, transmission of neural impulses, and learning.
- Consciousness, Folk Psychology, and Cognitive Science
- This article defines consciousness, challenges the folk concept of consciousness, and looks at the roles which intrinsic qualities and self attribution play in consciousness.
- Site describes hypnosis; subconscious, unconscious, and self hypnosis; and the history of hypnosis.
- The Problem of Consciousness
- "This paper attempts to begin to answer four questions. 1. What is consciousness? 2. What is the relation of consciousness to the brain? 3. What are some of the features that an empirical theory of consciousness should try to explain? 4. What are some common mistakes to avoid?"
- Brains Show Signs of Two Bilingual Roads
- Article discusses how people who learn a second language early in life use the same area of the brain as when speaking their native language
- Language Acquisition
- Article discusses the biology of language acquisition, the maturation of our language system, and the course of language acquisition.
- Language and Brain: Neurocognitive Linguistics
- Site provides a discussion about evidence for neurolinguistics, the plausibility of neurolinguistics, neural networks used in language, the learning process, the proximity principle, and the types of cortical neurons used in language learning.
- Language and Culture
- This tutorial discusses what language is, the analysis of language, the learning of language, language and thought processes, and the hidden aspects of communication.
- National Aphasia Association
- Site provides facts and links to readings about aphasia which is "an impairment of the ability to use or comprehend words, usually acquired as a result of a stroke or other brain injury.".
- Neurobiological Approaches to Language
- Article looks at language neurobiologically and includes the topics of "brain development, dissociations, distributive representations, epigenesis, evolution, functional localization, individual variation, innateness, [and] language.".
- Primate Use of Language
- Site discusses studies that are currently being done which show that primates are capable of learning language.
- The Role of Language in Intelligence
- This article taken from the Darwin College Lectures discusses the role of language in thought and looks at the behaviours of animals to discern the role that language plays.
- Words in the Brain's Language
- Article discusses "associative learning, cell assembly, cognition, cortex, language, [and] word category.".
- Amnesia and Cognition Unit - University of Arizona
- Describes research activities in progress; primary concern is with memory changes due to aging and brain injury.
- Creating False Memories
- Site discusses false childhood memories, imagination inflation, impossible memories, and how false memories are formed.
- Definition of Memory and Memory Implications
- Site provides a description of memory, amnesia, implicit memory, and the accuracy of memory.
- Elizabeth F. Loftus
- This is the web site of Elizabeth F. Loftus who is a researcher interested in false memories. The page provides links to a number of articles she has written on this topic.
- Human Memory
- Presents a number of memory improvement techniques and illustrates how human memory can be measured.
- Mathematical Models of Human Memory - Tutorials
- A group of well-organized tutorials that teach the application of several mathematical models of memory.
- Memory Loss, Aging, and Alzheimer's Disease
- Dr. Marilyn S. Albert and Dr. Huntington Potter give a brief overview of Alzheimer's disease and its possible causes.
- Memory: A Contribution to Experimental Psychology
- This article is about Ebbinghaus' famous experiment about memory and learning.
- Sheep Brain Dissection: The Anatomy of Memory
- Site uses a sheep brain to show the anatomy of the parts of the brain vital to memory.